Thursday, June 21, 2012

An Economical Fishing Trip Machine...

Here's an endorsement for the Honda CR-V. A frugal angler's dream. Sure, she can't tow much (or anything at all seeing as I've yet to put a hitch on her!), and she doesn't have AWD (I was cheap), nor does she offer much off-road capability.



But... 33 MPGs on my last trip to NW Montana to fish. And I didn't even have to break down rods between fishing spots, nor stick them under my windshield wipers. Rubber mats for those dirty wading boots, more cupholders than a soccer mom needs, and a burgeoning reputation for bringing the hammer down on trout waters in the region. Sure, I could go all Bozeman and get a Tacoma but my gas bill would sure suck, and besides, who wants to pay $30K for a truck. I know I don't!



What's your economy fishing vehicle (or vehicle of your dreams)?



No comments:

Post a Comment