Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Last Minute Trip...

Hey all... seems like a while since I've posted a trip report. Last week, with the FFF Conclave in town, sending out job apps and cover letters like crazy, and seven shifts at work, I didn't exactly hit the water much. I did get into a few Redbands here in town and an ugly sucker on a day off, but I wouldn't exactly consider the week of fishing to be very satisfying.

This week was looking pretty mundane as well until I realized my friend and I both had similar days off. With a quick shift swap, we worked out a nice two day trip on the St. Joe River in Northern Idaho. We will be camping one night and fishing all day long for two days straight. It should be solid as levels are just coming into shape for wade fishing, and the Joe has likely not been pounded by wade anglers like some of the other area rivers... yet.

I'll have a full trip report and pictures in a few days... And next week, a float on the Spokane River will be the trip report topic. I'll also be traveling back home to the Portland/Vancouver area in a few weeks time and hope to hit some small water trout fishing in rural Southwest Washington.

Check back soon for sweet fish pics, and perhaps a funny story or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment