Saturday, February 9, 2013

Dirty Gear Hucking...

Thousands of spey casts this winter have produced nary a legitimate tug, let alone a fish to hand.

My spey casting has gone from awful to okay, and my knowledge of the swing game is limited... the odds are stacked against me and all I want is to catch a Winter Steelhead. Truth is, I had never caught one up until this week.

In the past month, taking my friends to different locales has gotten them into fish and left me, well... perplexed, frustrated, and fish-less. 

That all changed this past week.

First cast. Spinning rod. And an "egg pattern." Bobber. Down.

I feel dirty, but I just don't care. Because this hatchery brat tasted good.


28 years in and I finally got my Winter Steelhead. Now that it's off the list, I'll just have to further dedicate myself to getting one on the swing... 



No comments:

Post a Comment